Monday, June 25, 2012

My Most Recent Story

Laurence is having the best day of his life. His wife prepared his favorite breakfast, his kids brought him Father’s Day cards and he got a raise at work. As he brushes his teeth and prepares for bed, his toothbrush disappears, his hand disappears, and the sink disappears; bit by bit everything around him disappears until all he sees is a monster. 

Laurence: Aaaah! 
Bob: Sssshhh. Please quiet down. You don’t want to wake the others.

Laurence looks out on a field of people just like him.

Laurence: Where am I?
Bob: Where you’ve always been.
Laurence: Are you monsters?
Bob: Monsters? Ha ha ha. Are we monsters, Charlie?
Charlie: I do believe we are, Bob.
Bob: It’s fascinating how you ask the same questions every time.
Laurence: Every time? Wait! Where are my arms? My legs! What are you doing to me?
Bob: What are we doing to you? Why, we’re eating you of course. We are monsters.
Charlie: You taste delicious by the way.
Bob: I’ll bet that’s not something you knew about yourself. Now what day would you like to live next? I’ll let you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment